Friday, February 1, 2013

Satin Sheets Romance Author of the Month - PL Parker


SATIN SHEETS ROMANCE AUTHOR OF THE MONTH
~ FEBRUARY ~
P.L. Parker

I’ve always been interested in the paranormal, ghosties and ghoulies and things that go bump in the night, so writing paranormal seemed to be a perfect fit.  Nothing like the combination of romance with the fantastic added in to grab my interest.  My belief in the supernatural exists to some extent but encountering the same would certainly set me off my stride. In reality, how many of us truly want to come face to face with a vampire (even a nice one) or a werewolf in full fur?  Or worse yet, an alien being like those in the Predator series or the Aliens.  Of course as a paranormal fan, I love the alpha male but the males have to be sensitive and still have a wild side. Dominant, fierce and protective—and have longish hair. At times, I wish I’d been born far into the future so I could make the journey to the stars and experience all that space has to offer.

PL Parker - Belly Dancing
My library is heavy on paranormal but once in awhile, I do pick up a contemporary romance or a Christmas romance just to stir things up.  If asked and the book interests me, I will do a review for a friend. I do love Christine Feehan and Sherrilyn Kenyon is always a good choice for me, and if James Rollins comes out with a new one, I’ll grab it right away. I’m an avid reader of fiction and read solely for enjoyment.

When I was young, I read historical romances.  At 12, I snuck my older sister’s copies of the Angelique series and read every one. Pretty heavy stuff for a 12 year old but reading has always been my passion.  Books I’ve loved and kept include The Wolf and the Dove by Kathleen Woodiwiss (okay so not paranormal but a good one anyway), Bride of the McHugh (also not paranormal but loved it). I’ve kept all of my Christine Feehan and Sherrilyn Kenyon books.  Actually, I’m a book hoarder and have so many tucked here and there.  Periodically, husband twists my arm and forces me take some to Goodwill but I still have a good stash hidden under my bed.

Three words that describe me:  dreamer, creative, emotional.

Most of my works so far are time travel romances (Fiona, Riley’s Journey, Aimee’s Locket, Heart of the Sorcerer, and Into the Savage Dawn).  I’ve written one vampire romance (Absolution) and lately I’ve stepped into the scifi romance ring (The Chalice and Will o’ the Wisp).



The Chalice

She awoke in the future, captive to an alien lord.

Buy Links: 



Into the Savage Dawn

Survival of the fittest - that is the law of primordial earth.

Buy Links:



Absolution

From the mists of time…dark powers arise.

Buy Links:


You can find PL Parker @








  

4 comments:

  1. Good morning ladies! And thanks so much for the honor. I am truly pleased and excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had Chalice on my TBR for a while now, thanks for the feature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, P.L.! Nice looking post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by and visiting.

    ReplyDelete